Hemp-Infused Heirloom Tomato, Cucumber & Quinoa Salad Recipe
Hemp-Infused Heirloom Tomato, Cucumber & Quinoa Salad
- 1/3 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 1/2 Cups Mixed Heirloom or Baby Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Thinly Sliced Cucumber
- 1 Tablespoon Shredded Fresh Parsley
- 1 Cup Sunflower Sprouts or Pea Shoots
- 1/4 Cup Thinly Sliced Green Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 Sliced Avocado (Optional)
- 2 Sliced Hard Boiled Eggs (Optional)
- Hemp-Infused Balsamic Vinaigrette (find this recipe under Hemp-Infused Recipes)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Boil the quinoa in 1 1/3 cups of water on the stove for 12-14 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed and the grains are puffy.
- Drain any excess water, then transfer it to a bowl and let it chill in the fridge.
- While quinoa chills, shake up all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar or bottle, or if you prefer, blend them all together in your blender. Skip if you have already made the dressing earlier.
- Prepare all of the vegetables as indicated.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, cucumber, fresh herbs and sprouts with the chilled quinoa and a few tablespoons of dressing.
- Season with flaked sea salt and pepper to taste, then let it sit for a few minutes.
- Divide the salad between two bowls, topping with a sprinkle of hemp seeds, sliced avocado and the boiled eggs if you choose. Serve with extra dressing on the side if desired.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.